Howard University & CDC Foundation
- COVID-19 Qualitative Research
- Marketing and Communications Campaign Development and Execution
- Website Content and Creative Development
- Marketing Collateral Content and Creative Development
- National Public Relations Rollout (in six major U.S. cities)
- Event Planning, Logistics and Management
Project REFOCUS is a racial equity initiative with a dual purpose:
- Improve public health systems’ communications among underserved populations.
- Treat social stigma that causes resistance to public health messages.
Created in the aftermath of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the project’s goal is to create or expand tools for monitoring social stigma’s effects in communities, many which are diverse. SRB Communications created and executed a public education campaign to create an understanding of COVID-19-related stigma in U.S. communities and shape an effective response on how to improve health conditions.
Our work began in 2020 with market research and includes strategy, branding, messaging and creative across owned and earned media platforms. Realizing media coverage plays a big role in shaping public and political attitudes toward policy interventions to improve health, SRB executed a public relations rollout in six U.S. cities. The project will continue in 2024.