Knowing which platforms are best for a company or organization to advertise on depends on several factors and a hyper-focused understanding of your consumer. Who is your target audience? How old are they? Where do they live? What are their cultural experiences? These are just a handful of questions that can help shape what type of advertising your company needs.
For many, especially if you have the budget, a good mix of traditional (print, TV, radio, outdoor) advertising and digital and social media advertising is best. However, for some small businesses and non-profit organizations, those traditional mediums are not financially feasible. Luckily, in today’s ever-evolving marketing world, digital and social media ads are the most effective ways to reach most audiences.
Digital advertising allows companies to be nimble and try new things. You can test your ads and if they are not getting the traction you want, you can continue to swap them out in real-time until you find that sweet spot. For example, retargeting allows you to serve ads to your target audience no matter where they go online. It’s happened to you before; you’d been eyeing a new coffee pot on Amazon and then went to check sports scores on ESPN.com and you were served an ad of that same coffee pot you were just looking at. That is retargeting at work. This type of advertising is great not only because you can see who you are reaching, how many people are seeing your ad and clicking on your ad, but it is also a very cost-effective way to advertise.
Social media ads are another way to make a big impact with your advertising online without spending a ton of money. The best social media platforms to advertise on currently are:
- Facebook: Facebook has about 2 billion active users. That is a huge potential audience for your ads. However, you likely don’t need to reach the whole world. With Facebook ads you can run geographic-specific banner, native, full screen ads and video ads. They also offer detailed performance tracking with ability to make instant changes to your ads, if necessary.
- Instagram: Instagram caters specifically to mobile users; enhanced targeting with paid ads; Instagram users tend to follow brands. Once users start seeing your ads, it is likely that some of those people will start following your Instagram account, which will increase your visibility and potential business leads.
- Twitter: You may want to consider using Twitter Ads if you want to reach users who are very active in current events. Twitter also uses an auction system, which allows you to advertise by bidding on your ads, based around your budget. Then, you only pay for the ads that users take action on.
- Snapchat: Snapchat is one of the best platforms for reaching mobile users in the 18-24-year-old range. If you need to reach a younger crowd, this is where you want to be, especially if you have interactive video ads.
- LinkedIn: This is likely the best platform to advertise on if you are trying to reach business professionals. With LinkedIn, you can advertise in a few different ways, either with Sponsored InMail (sending direct messages to inboxes), Sponsored Content (in-feed ads), and Text Ads, which are pay-per-click ads, based on the amount of impressions the ad gets. Text ads are cost-effective because you only pay for ads that get impressions or clicks and because there are no graphics, you can create these very quickly.
Because of the ability to identify your target market so specifically with digital and social ads, advertisers can reach exactly who they want, where they want, and how often they want.
To learn more about cost-effective advertising strategies, reach out to us with any questions at any times. By using our advertising capabilities – traditional, digital or others – we can help your company deliver results. Learn more about our advertising and marketing services at SRB Communications.