Hello blog readers!
“SIthefuture”, SRB’s favorite Summer 2019 Intern is back in action. Truth be told, I’m the only Summer intern (lol)! I’m here to tell you all about what has happened over the last few weeks. Sorry, I couldn’t get to you sooner, but I’m back like I never left.
Interning at SRB Communications has been so much fun. I have been producing videos, working on creative projects and I even had the pleasure of sitting in on a weekly client meeting. I was so grateful for the opportunity, but even more thankful that I was allowed to represent the agency.
Now, let’s get down to business. Since being in D.C. this summer, I have started to learn the ins and out of being an exceptional professional. If you’re fresh out of college like me, then you don’t want to miss this. All of these are wonderful tips that can help you succeed in your career.
- Exercise your people skills: Effective communication can help build relationships.
- Take Initiative: Be the first one to do a task! You’ll stand out.
- Be inquisitive: Learn as much as you can about the company! Do your research.
- Meet deadlines: Plan ahead, you want to be reliable.
- Be a team player: Having the ability to work well with others is a great skill, and it also builds trust.
- Time management: This helps you focus better, accomplish more and lower your stress.
- Be organized: Create a calendar and be on top of your tasks. This will help in the long run.
“So, what have you been up to outside the office?” Oh, I thought you’d never ask!
First and foremost, yes, I learned how to use a Metro card properly (lol check out our last post blog post to learn why this is an accomplishment for me!)… It was a rough couple of days, but I am here to tell you that if I can do it, you can do it. Especially in the mornings, when everyone is trying to rush on the escalator and all you hear is “Hurry up, you’re not moving fast enough.” Well, excuse me sir!
Also, the food here is GREAT, especially the vegan options. Lately I have chosen to go grocery shopping and cook the majority of the time. Boring? I know, right. Well, when you are a recent graduate and trying to save money that’s what you have to do. Also, I have learned the importance of going to bed on time. I can never stay up past 9:00 p.m. which is mind blowing to me.
Anyways, that’s all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed reading what I’ve been up too and as always, please leave us a comment and let us know what you’d like to hear more of.
SItheFuture, also known as Aasiyah, the Communications Intern