So you know the saying, “everything must come to an end”? Well, I wish that wasn’t the case with my internship because over the past 10 weeks, I have had one of the best experiences of my life. When I first called SRB Communications about an internship position, I never thought I would end up getting so attached to this agency. I remember walking in my first day questioning if I was the right person for this role, or if I even had the skills to qualify. Now, weeks later, I’m leaving confident knowing I did my best. All in all, I’m extremely grateful for the chance SRB Communications gave me.
I can’t believe how fast the summer flew by! Just when I started to get use to the city, the metro and the FOOD! The metro I can sure enough live without, but the food here is AMAZING. It’s better than Philadelphia and I’m going to miss it so much! I have never been to a place that has so many vegan options. I might just have to come back for that, lol.
But, on a serious note, the amount of information I learned and the experience I received is beyond explanation. I never knew I would be coming to work at such a popular agency! In the beginning of my internship I came in with production experience, but I leave here today gaining new knowledge in public relations, marketing, advertising, digital campaigns, rebranding strategies, social media analytics, and more. I have become such a diverse, well-rounded young professional and I can only give thanks to the most dynamic, incomparable, multicultural agency there is.
Today, I want to leave you guys with some tangible advice that you can take with you, possibly on your next internship, your job or maybe just for personal use.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Personally, I am independent, like I am sure many of you are. Pride can get in the way sometimes, but it’s okay to ask questions, especially when you have a team that supports you.
- Stop being so hard on yourself! Understand mistakes happen; it’s all a part of life. Sometimes, we do not give ourselves enough credit! Remember, you are doing great.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. It feels great being around people with the same goals and attributes in life. Like the quote goes, “you are who you surround yourself with” so select a good group!
- Failure is natural! Remembering in every failure or negative moment there is a lesson. One of my favorite quotes is, “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another step to greatness.”
- Finally, have fun! Learn how to enjoy what you do; it will make your days easier. Smiling can lead to happiness. Life is too short to be unhappy!
So thank you to everyone that has played apart in making this such an extraordinary experience! To my readers out there, I’ll be back. Don’t be surprised if you see a picture, video or blog post of #SItheFuture in the future… get it, lol? To the clients I have met, thank you for giving me the opportunity to work on such important projects. To the colleagues of SRB Communications, thank you for treating me with great respect and allowing me to get a chance to know you. And last but not least, to the excellent team at SRB Communications, thank you for putting your trust in me to carry out the plan and goals of this award-winning agency! You all will surely be missed.