Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff responsible for driving all critical business development processes, setting clear goals and objectives, and working closely with the CEO to execute strategic projects and initiatives. As Chief of Staff, you will play an integral role in ensuring the agency achieves its ambitious business development goals, in a time when relationships and partnerships are more important to SRB’s success than ever before. You will become well acquainted with the operations of running a small business!
Reports directly to the Founder, President and CEO.
Responsibilities – Business Development
- Plan and direct all business development and operational activities for the CEO
- Collaborate with the CEO to determine and prioritize business development strategies
- Serve as thought-partner and confidant to the CEO
- Identify business opportunities to advance the goals of the agency; work-cross functionally to secure client prospects and partner inclusion in these initiatives
- Analyze market trends, industry business verticals data and prioritize resources to market client prospects and strengthen partnerships
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of new business efforts including
- prospecting, proposal writing, preparing cost proposals, responding to RFPs; pitching and new account set-up; follow-up correspondence, virtual and in-person meetings
- Responsibilities – Business Operations
- Manage day-to-day business operations, processes and procedures, i.e., preparing and responding to high-level stakeholder correspondence, designing business development and financial filing systems, reviewing and approving supply purchases
- Partner with CEO to execute on mandated strategic projects, present to leadership team e.g., communicate the value of partnerships across multiple channels and recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- Ensure operational excellence of the SRB team by driving annual planning, quarterly business reviews, and other crucial processes to run the business; orchestrate bi-annual team-wide on-sites, and foster a sense of cohesion within the team
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in business development, business strategy and/or operations; entrepreneurial mindset a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Shown history of owning and delivering cross-functional projects end-to-end
- Excellent ability to produce engaging written content to support the agency’s business development efforts, superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, often with deadline pressures
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work well in a small team environment and fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work odd hours, when necessary
- Other duties, as assigned by the CEO
Company benefits include health, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, holidays, professional development and training opportunities and a remote-friendly work environment. We are a collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity in talent and creativity.
SRB Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse staff.
To apply, please send your resume to Mollie Jackson, Executive Assistant to CEO, email@example.com.